Welcome to CrossFit HideOut!
Thank you for joining our HideOut Fam! We pride ourselves in our amazing community and atmosphere. At CrossFit HideOut, we come to unload the stressors of the day, work hard, and achieve our goals. Here is some information for you to read over about our facility and our program.
1.) Reserve for class- We are now offering up to 7 WODs per day, but there are always times that will be more crowded than others. Please keep this in mind and reserve a spot in classes ahead of time, especially for classes during the peak evening hours. If you will not be able to make it to a class for which you have reserved, please login and cancel your reservation so that others can take your place.
2) Arrive early for class- Give yourself enough time to check in at the Wodify station (or on your app) and prepare for the WOD. Review the whiteboard to see whether you’ll need specific gear like weightlifting shoes, tape, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, etc., and be prepared before class begins. Disruptions to run to your cubby means that you miss the instructions and demonstrations, and repeating these takes time away from the class. Be on time!
3) Check your ego at the door- We are all here to learn. Be humble, be kind, and be welcoming to all our new members, current members, and neighbors. The strength of CrossFit HideOut is our community. Remember, you were NEW here once, too!
4) Respect the coach; (S)He is here for you- Always treat CrossFit HideOut Staff with the utmost respect at all times. If you’re not a Coach or a certified CrossFit Trainer, then step back and let us do our jobs. Please be patient and allow us to answer any questions – you may have the same one without realizing it! And finally, trust us. We are trained in this stuff and that’s what we’re here for.
5) Be courteous. Love and support thy neighbor- Well, not necessarily literally. But we are a community; we are a team. We support and encourage each other, not tear each other down. Always treat your fellow Members with the utmost respect and courtesy at all times. When you finish your workout, don’t disrupt your fellow members by walking through their space or putting away your equipment while they are still working. You are a team; support your teammates and help them finish their workout. They would do the same for you.
6) Respect the equipment- This is your equipment; please do not abuse it. Put things down gently; you wouldn’t drop a box of your Grandmother’s valuables, would you? That’s what we are training for: functional fitness. Remember? Dropping weight should be a necessity, not a convenience. Bumper plates are designed to muffle the sound, not for dropping every rep of Fran. If you must drop the weight, ALWAYS keep it under control. NEVER drop a kettlebell or dumbbell; and NEVER DROP EMPTY BARS.
7) Keep the gym clean- Take pride in your facility. Always dispose of your trash, food, and recyclables in the proper places. This includes your used tape, markers, chalk, Band-Aids, water bottles, and sweaty clothes.
8) Clean up after yourself- Put away your equipment when everyone has finished the WOD. That means returning it to the place where you found it – stack the boxes, rack the bars, put away the plates, and hang up your jump ropes. Keep the chalk in the bucket, not on the floor.
9) Bring things to our attention- If you notice that equipment is broken, lights are out, something needs batteries, let us know so we can do something about it.
10) Be knowledgeable about CrossFit, Take ownership of your progress- Watch authentic videos, attend seminars, and read articles/books/journals to build your repertoire of professional information about CrossFit. Write the results of the WOD in Wodify, so others after you can rise to your challenge. Record your goals and achievements in Wodify. This is important to our programming and helps us to know what works or doesn’t work for you. Use our resources, such as Wodify, to track your progress toward the goals you set for yourself. Make a commitment to adjust your life and habits for the better; live healthier and happier and share that with your friends and family!
11) Effort Earns Respect- Work hard. Be positive. Be optimistic, have fun, and push yourself and those around you to do better. Never say, “I can’t.” Push your limits. When you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done!
13) You are here to learn, not just sweat- For newbies and veterans alike, in order to see results you must learn the mechanics of the movements and be consistent with them. Intensity should only come after these two have been mastered. Listen to the coach. (S)he is there for a reason!
14) Have fun!- The most important rule!