Happy Hump Day!
Notes Today is the start of our next micro cycle. We get to squat today! Yay! The cycle runs Monday-Friday. Saturday and Sundays are going to be longer endurance or partner workouts. "Off" day extra work is the following sled work:
1 time per week perform every 2 minutes 1 all out sled push for 7 seconds
(Think maximal sprint) 7 seconds work, 1:53 seconds rest.
- Week 1: 20 total minutes (10 rounds)
- Week 2: 18 total minutes (9 rounds)
- Week 3: 22 total minutes (11 rounds)
- Week 4: 12 total minutes (6 rounds)
Session best done on a day when not training otherwise. Strength Front Squat (3x6 tempo 20X0) -all 3 working sets are @>80% of 1RM
- rear food wall ankle dorsiflexion mobilization between sets x15/side Metcon (3 Rounds for reps) 4 minutes ON, 2 minutes OFF - 3 total rounds (18 minutes)
"ON" - AMRAP - 5 minutes (Ascending reps 5-10-15-20 etc.)
- Wall balls
- Calorie row
*Reps reset back to 5 each round
"OFF" 2 minutes jogging light pace Extra Work a.1: Single leg calf raise (3x12 tempo 20X0) -Straight knee
-Load if able a.2: Rear-Foot Elevated Split Squats (3x10 tempo 20X0) -load with dumbbells a.3: Reverse Snatch Deadlift (3x10 tempo 20X0) -Bar path should be the same as your snatch. Don't load so heavy that you lose technique